To deal with the issue of mounting enrollment new facilities needed to be built for both the school and college. However, in order to reduce the cost of maintaining and building separate locations, the two institutions decided to combine together again in the new building. In 1912 a three-story Annex was built across the street from SJCS. There was also a further expansion of the facilities including sports facilities and extension of the library to form a chapel. However, after amalgamation in 1950 the Annex became the apartment complex that it is currently to this day.